11.04.2006

Does Your Baby Suffer From Depression?

GT News Medical Report Over 5 babies a month are diagnosed with Baby Depression by us and that number will go up with every child we test.

Understanding Baby Depression Age 0 - 3
If you are age 0-3, and you've been diagnosed with baby depression, you may wonder why it had to happen to you. Don't cry! The fact is that any baby can get depression.
The first step in fighting baby depression is to understand what it is, how it affects you, and what causes it. This section covers the basics, and you'll find features even a baby can understand.

Baby Depression Questionnaire
The following BABY DEPRESSION QUESTIONNAIRE has 15 simple questions that may help identify common symptoms of baby depression. The results can be a helpful way to discuss your condition with your Mommy and Daddy and actually help talk Mommy and Daddy into taking you into our center where we can diagnose your condition. After answering the questions provided, print the completed questionnaire, making sure you don't use sticky fingers or spit up on the paper before you give it to Mommy or Daddy. Don't cry! Remember, Mommy and Daddy will believe anything you say, and we're here to help.

As with any medical illness or condition, only a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional can provide a diagnosis of baby depression. When it comes to diagnosing a baby under three, Jonnah's Treehouse is the only place willing to try. The following questionnaire is intended to help you discuss your symptoms with Mommy and Daddy and help us convince them you have a problem. This questionnaire is not intended to serve as a substitute for a diagnosis of baby depression by a 'so called' qualified healthcare professional like the people you'll meet at Jonnah's Treehouse. If you think you may have baby depression, you should crawl to Mommy and Daddy crying right this second and say in your cutest voice, "Mommy and Daddy...baby depressed... me go to Jonnah's Treehouse now." Best of all, we have a slide!








Complete the questionnaire below and take the results to your stupid parents.

Choose the items that best describe you over the last 7 days.

Falling Asleep:
I never cry longer than 30 minutes, and then fall asleep.
I cry at least 30 minutes, and then fall asleep, less than half the time.
I cry at least 30 minutes, and then fall asleep, more than half the time.
I cry more than 60 minutes and then fall asleep, more than half the time.

Sleep During the Night:
I do not wake up at night.
I have a restless, light sleep with a few brief awakenings each night.
I wake up at least once a night, but I go back to sleep easily.
I awaken more than once a night and cry like a baby for 20 minutes or more, more than half the time.

Waking Up Hungry:
Most of the time, I awaken no more than 30 minutes hungry.
More than half the time I awaken more than 30 minutes hungry.
I always awaken at least one hour and I'm really hungry, but go back to sleep hungry
I awaken at least one hour and I'm really hungry, and can't go back to sleep until I eat.

Sleeping Too Much:
I sleep no longer than 7-8 hours/night, without napping during the day.
I sleep no longer than 10 hours in a 24-hour period including naps.
I sleep no longer than 12 hours in a 24-hour period including naps.
I sleep longer than 12 hours in a 24-hour period including naps.

Feeling Sad:
I do not cry.
I cry less than half the time.
I cry more than half the time.
I cry like a baby.

Decreased Appetite:
There is no change in my usual appetite.
I eat strained peas somewhat less often than strained bananas.
I eat much less strained peas than I do strained bananas.
I rarely eat my strained peas, and make funny faces when others persuade me to eat them.

Dirty Diapers:
There is no change in my diapering preferences.
I occasionally feel a need to be diapered more frequently than usual.
I regularly feel a need to be diapered more frequently than usual.
I feel driven to be diapered every time I fill it.

Decreased Weight (Within the Last Two Weeks):
I have not had a change in my weight.
I feel as if I've had a slight weight loss.
I have lost 1/2 pound or more.
I have lost 1 pound or more.

Increased Weight (Within the Last Two Weeks):
I have not had a change in my weight.
I feel as if I've had a slight weight gain.
I have gained 1/2 pound or more.
I have gained 1 pound or more.

Concentration/Decision-Making:
There is no change in my usual capacity to concentrate or make decisions.
I occasionally feel indecisive or find that my attention wanders.
Most of the time, I struggle to focus my attention even with my TMX Elmo.
I cannot concentrate well enough to make even minor decisions.

View of Myself:
I see myself as equally worthwhile and as deserving as other babies.
I am more self-blaming than usual.
I largely believe that I cause problems for Mommy and Daddy.
I think almost constantly about defects in myself and can stare at my hands for hours.

Thoughts of SIDS
I do not think of SIDS or death.
I feel that life is empty or wonder if it's worth living.
I think of SIDS several times a week for several minutes.
I think of SIDS several times a day in some detail, or have made specific plans to have SIDS.

Energy Level:
There is no change in my usual level of energy.
I get tired after play.
I have to make a big effort to keep my eyes open when I am tired.
I really cannot hold my head up for long periods of time.

Thumb sucking:
I suck my thumb occasionally.
I find myself sucking my thumb regularly.
Sometimes I put my whole fist in my mouth.
I am always putting everything I find in my mouth.

Feeling Restless:
I do not feel restless.
I'm often fidgety, moving to and fro, or need to kick my legs.
I have impulses to move about and grab things I find on the floor and low tables.
At times, I am unable to stay seated and need to crawl around.





Many things can trigger debilitating baby depression. Feelings of depression are caused by a chemical change that affects how the brain functions.


A normally functioning baby brain is a giant messaging system that controls An impressive graphic that clearly proves this is a legitimate science.everything from your heartbeat, to crawling, to babbling, to your emotions. The brain is made up of billions of nerve cells called neurons. These neurons send and receive messages from the rest of your body, using brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. Can you say NEW-RO-TRANS-MIT-TERS? Great!

These brain chemicals-in varying amounts-are responsible for our emotional state. Baby depression happens when these chemical messages aren't delivered correctly between brain cells, disrupting communication.

Think of a Ja
This is your brain. This is your brain as a jack-in-the-box. Get the picture?ck-in-the box: if your Jack-in-the-box doesn't pop up when you turn the handle, you start to cry. Your baby-depressed brain is a lot like that broken jack-in-the-box. You could say you've lost your handle on life.

The good news is, at Jonnah's Treehouse, there are many forms of treatment that can help you cope with baby depression, including medications that can strengthen weak signals by raising the levels of certain neurotransmitters, or by improving the neurons' ability to process signals. This ensures that the brain's vital messages are delivered-and your jack-in-the-box pops up when it should.


The depressed baby brain clearly shows the trademark strange coloration
So stop acting like a baby and tell Mommy and Daddy to call Jonnah's Treehouse at 1-800-SAD-BABY today!

Or Visit us on the web at
www.gullibleparenttechnologies.org

Jonnah's Treehouse, the best solution when your baby is driving you up a tree!

3 Comments:

At 3/05/2010 7:50 PM, Anonymous lots in costa rica articulated...

The information is very complete and interesting, I think my son is suffering from this disease

 
At 9/12/2010 10:10 PM, Anonymous eco vacations costa rica articulated...

I liked this blog, i think is very interesting, most of all for the new ideas that this blog talk.

 
At 5/20/2021 2:53 AM, Blogger Joe Root articulated...

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us
natural supplements for anxiety

 

Post a Comment

<< Home